This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This simple crustless summer quiche is easy to prepare and is a great way to use up excess eggs and vegetables. I typically make it for dinner but it’s also great for breakfast and brunch.
Ingredients & Equipment
For this crustless quiche, you’ll need eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, cheese, vegetables, and optionally meat.
The vegetables can be either fresh or thawed from frozen. If thawing, make sure to remove as much water from them as possible. Some thawed veggies might benefit from being squeezed to get excess moisture out. For this particular quiche, I used some pepper strips that I excavated from the bottom of the freezer.
You can add meat (plant-based is fine) if you want to. For this particular quiche, I chopped up some ham that was in the fridge. Other options are chopped bacon, crumbled sausage, ground beef, or plant-based meats.
Almost any cheese that you can crumble or can be grated will work. Mozzarella is too stringy and is the only firm(ish) cheese that I would avoid using. Most frequently I use sharp cheddar, swiss, or provolone. Other excellent options include parmesan, feta, crumbled chevre, and gouda.
To make this you’ll need a 9″ pie dish, mixing bowl, whisk, spoon, and either a cheese grater or you can purchase cheese already grated (freshly grated typically melts better).
How to Make this Simple Crustless Summer Quiche
Chop your vegetables and meat (optional) and add them to a greased pie dish.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, and seasonings.
Whisk everything together thoroughly.
Add your grated cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine with a spoon.
Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the pie dish. Place in the oven to bake.
Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to Store
Your quiche will store for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can also store individual slices, well-wrapped, in the freezer for about a month. However, the texture may suffer from freezing.
Simple Crustless Summer Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz grated or crumbled cheese
- 2 cups vegetables chopped into bite size pieces
- 2-4 oz crumbled or chopped meat or meat substitute optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" pie dish.
- Add vegetables and meat (optional) to the greased pie dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Add grated cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish. You may need to smooth it with a spoon to get it to spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes. A knife inserted into the center will come out clean when the quiche is done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.